Food Bank At Larkfield Community Church
Larkfield Community Church is passionate about helping those in need.
We have linked with the Medway Trussell Trust Food Bank to help families and individuals who find themselves in a Crisis.
- Food is donated and collected at a central warehouse in Medway.
- Food is then distributed to Foodbanks.
- Professionals such as doctors, social services, health visitors, teachers, police, partner with the foodbank to identify people in crisis and give them a voucher.
- Clients can then bring their voucher to a food bank in the Medway area. In the case of Larkfield Community Church Food Bank, clients are able to be referred from agencies for an emergency food parcel without the need to collect a red voucher. Agencies are asked to contact LCC food bank directly to request support. Clients are then contacted by a food bank volunteer to arrange a convenient time for collection of this emergency food parcel which is issued by the Centre Manager via a blue voucher.
- Clients are also then supported by sign posting to other agencies that may help them identify a longer term solution.
If you are aware of a person in need – please contact the food bank for advice on how to help them access the service at email@example.com.
For more information about the Trussel Trust click on the link – https://www.trusselltrust.org/